Automated LAS update of the Mercator-IST models was implemented:
- On the host machine:
- mercator_genLas.pl YYYYMMDD model property will create the xml from root_model_property.xml templates, as well as it will update the las.xml file.
- mercator_sync_daplas.pl will synchronize information between the datalist.xml maintained at http://data.mohid.com/data.xml and the Las regarding the mercator-IST pre-operational model, thus synchronizing the Opendap and the LAS registry.
- On the web server machine:
- "las.php" basically updates the Opendap registry (datalist.xml) as well as synchronizes with the LAS registry, regarding the Mercator-IST models. It also updates the LAS database and reboots the tomcat server.
- "mercator_genlas.php" simply updates one Mercator-IST dataset into the LAS, performing the full LAS regeneration (consisting of updating the xml files, followed by the LAS database and a tomcat server reboot).
Worked out the LAS:
- Copied the full las tree to /home/guillaume/public_html/las
- Reconfigured the las
- Added the following lines to httpd.conf:
ScriptAlias /las-bin/ /home/guillaume/public_html/las/server/ Alias /las-output/ /home/guillaume/public_html/las/server/output/ <Directory "/home/guillaume/public_html/las/server"> AllowOverride None Options ExecCGI Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory>
- Un/commented the following lines in http.conf:
<IfModule mod_userdir.c> ... #UserDir disable ... UserDir public_html ... </IfModule>
- Restarted httpd
- performed the following permissions in /home:
> sudo chown -R guillaume:apache guillaume > sudo chmod -R 755 guillaume
- Restarted the las tomcat
- Performed a simple test from /home/guillaume/public_html/las:
> bin/lasget.pl -x -10:10 -y -30:-20 -z 0 -f txt -o salt.txt http://data.mohid.com/las-bin/LASserver.pl levitus_climatology_cdf salt
- Added libraries netcdf libraries, manually.
- LAS --> not working well
- Added Samba, manually. Accessible via windows explorer through \\data.mohid.com. Ask the administrator for a login.
- Created a website: http://data.mohid.com. It contains an updated list of all the files served by the opendap server.
Unfortunately, hidromod doesn't see the http://data.mohid.com pages
- php.ini --> enabled errors. Now php error pages aren't blank anymore!
- Copied StartProfiler.php into /mediawiki as it is missing in the RPM package!
- http.d/mediawiki.conf --> turned alias /mediawiki into /wiki.
- mediawiki/LocalSettings.php --> changed /mediawiki into /wiki everywhere.
- mediawiki now works! Maths too!
Obtained and copied by scp the following software list:
Created a new ethernet device on administration->network on eth0 nicknamed intranet. It sets up a static ip address at 192.168.20.222. Now it is possible to roam out and in from the dmz by deactivating and activating the respective ethernet devices. This is really important when adding/updating rpm packages. Remember to switch the plugin of the ethernet cable, accordingly!
Installed the following software:
Changed the following line in the ferret_paths script with next one:
export PATH="$PATH $FER_DIR/bin" export PATH="$PATH:$FER_DIR/bin"
- nxserver --> working
- tomcat5 --> not running well
- mediawiki --> not running well
- acquired David Brito's old machine.
- Created a FC6 dvd.
- Changed temporarily diogo's dvd player to now rebaptized data machine.
- Installed FC6 on data
- Configured network on data. It's ip is now 192.168.21.40.
- ssh test worked from guillaume.
- apache test worked from guillaume after starting the httpd service.
I need to
- make it automatically start the http;
- make an init 3 level boot only;
- install and configure samba properly;
- install and configure VMware properly;
- install the freeNX and nx client;
- install webmin;
- install netcdf;
- install opendap;
- install LAS.