Compiling Mohid with OpenMP
To compile Mohid with IFC using OpenMP please follow these steps:
- Setup a Mohid Project to compile with Intel Fortran Compiler 9.0 or higher. See more on Compiling with IFC.
- Update your HDF5 libraries to 1.6.5 (from SourceSafe - not yet available). Note that there are two folders: SingleThreaded (for normal applications) and MultiThreaded (to run with OpenMP)
- Create new configuration called OpenMP.
- Build -> Configuration Manager -> <New…>
- Copy settings from Release
- Edit settings for OpenMP configuration
- In "Fortran...General...Additional Include Libraries type the path to the MultiThreaded hdf5 library folder
- In Fortran/General/PreProcessor check for OpenMP Conditional Compilation. Set it to Yes.
- Fortran/Language/Process OpenMP Directives set to Generate Parallel Code
- Fortran/Libraries/Runtime Library set to MultiThreaded
- In Linker/General/Additional Include Libraries type the path to the MultiThreaded hdf5 library folder
- In Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies define the following set of lib files: hdf5.lib hdf5_f90cstub.lib hdf5_fortran_frank.lib szlib.lib zlib.lib
- In Linker/Input/Ignore Specific Library define libc.lib (for IFC 2005 version use libc only).
- Get the latest version from sourcesafe.
>make nix_openmp sos
- Build with openmp
- Install it to /usr/bin/mohid/
Notes: - the compiler and linkage options are -openmp -parallel. - It doesn't requires multi-threaded hdf5 libraries.