Css, or cascading stylesheet, is a stylesheet standard for html pages.
The box model
One of the most important concept of css is the box model. The box model provides the description of each geometrical attribute of a block, i.e. of an xhtml element.
- The position defines the type of positionning that the block element uses to place itself inside the page.
- top, left, right, bottom are the attributes that provide the positioning of a block element,
- The margin provides the outer spacing that the block element will occupy
- The padding provides the inner spacing
- The border provides the type and thickness of the border
- The width and height are the attributes that provide the content size.