Software to run Mohid
In order to run Mohid you need the following software
- Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7 (not your operating system of choice?)
- 1 GB ram (2 GB recommended)
- Hardware graphical accelerator
- 250 MB of free hard-disk space is the bare minimum. >10 GB, or more, of free disk space is recommended. (Depending on the modeler's goals, results could require 50 MB of free disk space, but results could also require 500 GB of free disk space).
- Internet access (for documentation and support)
WORD OF CAUTION: For MOHID GIS to work correctly, you need to configure the windows settings so that the decimal separator be a point. For example: 4.1516 is correct but 4,1516 is incorrect. If the separator isn't a point, then importing data files into MOHID GIS may yield errors.
WORD OF CAUTION2: Google earth must show coordinates in decimal degrees.
- DOT Net framework
- Office web components
Download MOHID package
- Register, login, download and install the latest version of the MOHID package at the MOHID main webpage. It includes:
- Requirements for installing Mohid Package:
- The programs to be installed in your computer were designed to work on Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP;
- To install these package be sure that the .NET Platform v1.1 is installed in your computer. If you do not have the .NET Platform v1.1, please go to: <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en>;
- You also need Office Web Components to be installed. They can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982b0359-0a86-4fb2-a7ee-5f3a499515dd&DisplayLang=en;
- It is strongly advised to install this package in the default Windows Program Files folder;
- Colour quality in your screen display settings must be set to 24 bits or more;
- OpenGL must be supported by your graphics card;
- Be sure to grant Read/Write access to the Temporary folder created in your installation folder (../Mohid/Temp);
- Download and uncompress the ConvertToXyz program.
- Download and store the ETOPO2V2 bathymetry data in raw binary format, cell centered, little-endian.
- Download and uncompress the Mohid-Tide program.
- Download and store the Fes2004 tide solution. Data access, fes2004, tide, tide.fes2004.nce.